My photo
Albany, GA, United States

August 15, 2014

DIY MAKE A CHARM OR PENDANT OUT OF COLORED SEA SHELLS, PC BEACH SAND AND HOT GLUE | digupstuff

After 15+ years of working, my husband finally got vacation time. We went to Panama City Beach and stayed at my favorite hotel, The Days Inn. I just love their paradise pool that is right on the beach. I grabbed a bag full of the sand on the beach and brought it home. 

Last night, I was playing around with my hot glue gun, wanting to make my granddaughter (whom we barely get to see) something special, and made this gorgeous charm/pendant out of hot glue and beach sand...


I just plopped about a quarters worth of hot glue into a mound of the beach sand and put sand on top. Then I hot glued the tiny little sea shells and faux pearl on top and added more sand. Then I put Mod Podge on the front and back and let it dry. I used a paperclip to punch a hole, added a jump ring and some silk string to make my granddaughter this gorgeous little charm or pendant. I hope that she likes it!




I came up with this when I looked on my desk and saw one of those knee high panty hose plastic cases, and thought, "Why not make her one with the sand, shells and faux pearls inside?" So that's what I did! I painted the top with some purple, glitter nail polish, added some lace around the part where it opens, so it wouldn't, and used a couple of faux pearls to hot glue the closure and wire wrapped a loop so that I could string it onto a silk string for her to wear as a necklace if she so chooses.


As usual, I looked all over the internet and didn't find anyone else doing this kind of a project. Therefore, I think that I have come up with yet another DOD (Digupstuff Original Design) y'all!!! 

Thank you for visiting!
♥ dig ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: